Health Benefits of Coconut Water
In some countries, the coconut tree is called “the tree of life,” because of the myriad uses of all its parts, from leaf to root. Hence, coconut water is no stranger to lifestyle enthusiasts. The best uses for coconut water in various areas have been well-documented. Whether in health, beauty or food, coconut water is one of the best natural alternatives for everyday products. Because of its nutritive and detoxifying qualities, coconut water is steadily becoming a significant part of daily life. What are best uses of coconut water? Read on to learn more about this versatile juice, and experience its coco-mazing benefits.
Benefit from Coconut Water with these Everyday Uses
1. Skin care: Because of its moisturizing and oil reduction qualities, cosmetic companies have integrated coconut water into their facial wash formulas. However, in its pure form, the benefits of coconut water on your skin are more potent. If you are suffering from acne, excessive oil, or dry skin, you can use coconut water to wash your face daily. Furthermore, using coconut water to wash your scalp can help you get rid of dandruff and itchy sensations in your scalp.
2. Alternative hydration: One of coconut water’s best uses is in hydrating your body. Whether you are trying to get rid of a hangover, or are exercising daily, coconut water provides hydrating benefits at par with sports and energy drinks. Headaches caused by hangovers are caused by deficits in potassium and electrolytes, both of which coconut water contains. Furthermore, the potassium content in coconut water helps stave off cramps during long workouts. However, it does not have the sodium content as in sports drinks.
3. Cooking: Perhaps the most obvious everyday use for coconut water, you can incorporate it into your diet by using it when cooking rice, or making soup. Some popular recipes involving coconut water include fruit smoothies and pastries. You can mix coconut water with banana to make sweet drinks for a hot day, or include it in your muffin recipes.
4. Alternative medical uses: During World War II, soldiers used coconut water to transfuse plasma into wounded soldiers. Coconut water is also useful for cases of diarrhea, wherein the patient requires vast amounts of fluids to stay hydrated. Furthermore, coconut water contains many vitamins and minerals, such as B-complex, calcium, iron, and zinc, which are essential for various bodily functions.
5. Weight loss: The low calorie content in coconut water makes it a viable alternative to other fruit juices and sodas. While it has higher levels of saturated fat and sugar, a 2006 study in the Journal of Medicinal Food suggests that coconut water can help reduce cholesterol levels.
Try these wonderful uses for coconut water today!
Coconut water, with its wide range of everyday uses, makes it a great choice in your food, health and beauty regimens. Its hydrating and cleansing properties, as well as its vitamin and mineral content provides various benefits to your life. However, make sure to use pure coconut water, as it tends to lose its nutritive components rapidly during processing and when exposed. Improve your life, and discover the many everyday uses of coconut water!