Quinoa Breakfast Ideas for Kids
What are some healthy breakfast ideas with quinoa superfood, for your kids? Quinoa is one of the healthiest supergrains available on the market today and comes with incredible health benefits. It is rich in body-boosting nutrients such as protein, fiber, iron, lysine, magnesium, riboflavin, and manganese. It was even hailed as one of the best foods during ancient times, when the Incas discovered the stamina-increasing benefits of quinoa. Fortunately, this supergrain is very versatile. You can include it in any meal, including your kids’ breakfast. With a pinch of creativity, you can use quinoa as a substitute for most breakfast ingredients. Here are some yummy and nutritious quinoa superfood breakfast recipes for kids.
5 Quinoa Superfood Breakfast Ideas for Kids
1. Quinoa Superfood Porridge: This very simple and nutritious breakfast recipe involves using quinoa as a substitute for oats. Prepare quinoa as indicated. When cool, fluff it with a fork, and add some salt, some berries of your choice, and vanilla flavoring. Top off with whipped cream. This is a very easy way to enjoy the health benefits of quinoa superfood.
2. Quinoa Granola Bars: Mix powdered peanut butter with water. For flavor, add ground cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Next, mix quinoa flakes, sugar-free coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. Stir the mixture until it sticks, and don’t worry if it’s a bit dry. Spread it evenly across a 4×8 pan, with parchment paper lining the bottom. Leave in your fridge to dry for a few hours, then take the pan out. Remove the mixture from the pan, and cut it into equally-sized pieces. Put the pieces of this healthy quinoa breakfast idea back in the fridge.
3. Quinoa Blueberry Pancakes: For this healthy quinoa superfood breakfast recipe, substitute quinoa flour for the usual all-purpose flour, which you use for your pancakes. Mix quinoa flour, baking soda, and coconut palm sugar in a baking bowl. Separate the whites from the yolk of three eggs, then add applesauce, milk of your choice, and vanilla extract. Mix all of these in to form your pancake mix, and cook it in a preheated griddle or pan. Add blueberries once your pancake batter starts to take shape.
4. Quinoa superfood Apple Pie: While you’re at it, why not bake this healthy breakfast quinoa apple pie? Just prepare a cup of quinoa, according to the instructions in the packaging. Next, heat half a tablespoon of fat-free butter on a skillet, then sauté some sliced apples in the butter until tender. Add two teaspoons of brown sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon on the apples. Add ¼ cup milk, the quinoa from before, and another half a tablespoon of butter. Fold all of these together, to form your pie.
5. Quinoa Banana-Chocolate Bake: This quinoa superfood recipe, while appearing like a dessert, is absolutely healthy for your kids. Just heat your oven, then boil some water in a pan, and add your quinoa along with some salt. After this, lower the heat and allow the water to simmer, for the quinoa to absorb. Allow the quinoa to cool for a while. In another baking bowl, mix some eggs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and cinnamon powder. Add the mixture to your quinoa, stir thoroughly, then add some mashed bananas and chocolate chip.
Try These Healthy Quinoa superfood Breakfast Ideas for Kids Today!
You’ll be surprised by how easy it is to come up with healthy quinoa breakfast ideas for kids. Who said that you have to sacrifice taste for nutritional value? All these recipes include quinoa, along with a smattering of other nutritious ingredients. This amalgamation of tasty and healthy foods can help you turn your kids’ breakfast experience into a happy and healthy one. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not try these healthy quinoa breakfast ideas for kids? The health benefits of quinoa superfood are simply just too good to miss out on.