Superfoods for Clear and Healthy Skin
Skincare cosmetics abound in store shelves everywhere. However, recent breakthroughs in beauty science have shown that synthetic cosmetics can be harmful to your skin. While makeup can help you look presentable, they may leave lasting effects on your skin, which would manifest much later on. On the other hand, with the current popularity of alternative lifestyles, people are looking for natural alternatives to beauty products, by incorporating superfoods for clear skin in their diets. Your diet has significant effects on the quality of your skin. What are some of these superfoods, though, and how can they lead to healthy skin?
5 Amazing Superfoods for Clear Skin
1. Chocolate: Aside from being utterly delicious, this superfood can contribute to the health of your skin! The flavonoids in dark chocolate can help remove roughness in skin, and mitigate the damage caused by direct exposure to sunlight. According to research, people who eat or drink chocolate have smoother skin, than those who don’t. However, for you to experience optimal results, you need dark chocolate with cacao at 60%, at the very least.
2. Spinach: Spinach is another superfood that has clearing and protecting properties for skin. Possessing various vitamins which are useful in maintaining healthy skin, spinach can be used to clear up acne, prevent sunburn, and improve your complexion. For those who have age marks, spinach can also be of help. The antioxidants present in spinach can help reverse the effects of free radicals, which drastically speed up the ageing process.
3. Sweet potato: The vitamin C present in sweet potato makes it a legit superfood for clean skin. Research shows that people who consumed vitamin C every day had 11% less wrinkles, than those who didn’t. This is because vitamin C facilitates the production of collagen, which helps lessen creases on your skin.
4. Salmon: Salmon is a popular fish in many diets. It’s very easy to integrate salmon in your regimen, whether you grill it, or eat it raw. This superfood helps keep your skin healthy by moisturizing your skin and preventing it from hanging loose because of its considerable amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, and by lessening the damage by the sun through selenium.
5. Tomato: You may have heard many tomato sauce advertisements boasting of their products containing lycopene. These claims hold merit, because this phytochemical helps fight off the harmful effects of free radicals on your skin and body. If you spend most of your days under direct sunlight, consuming this superfood may help you maintain clean and healthy skin.
Try these Superfoods and experience Clear Skin
There is no doubt that you not only are what you eat; you also look the part! While you may not necessarily look like a big red ball after ingesting a whole platter of pasta with tomato sauce, these superfoods for clean skin will affect how you appear. By eating these superfoods regularly, you will have clean, healthy skin, and even look younger than you are. You need not spend all your money on cosmetics with expensive brands. You only need to start eating consciously! Try these healthy food choices for clear skin. Eat healthy, and look healthy!