Snack on Nuts and enjoy the Health Benefits
Nuts are loved best for being light, tasty snacks, which can even be included in meals. They also contain nutrients that are beneficial to your health. However, eating nuts indiscriminately and without moderation can be bad for you. You should be more careful on choosing your nuts, as some types of nuts have a higher calorie count than that of others. What, then, are the top 5 best nuts to snack on? Here, we present five of the healthiest kinds of nuts, which will not only keep your calorie intake in check, but also provide other benefits for your body.
5 of the Most Nutritious Nuts to Snack On
1. Walnuts: While walnuts have slightly more calories than most nuts, they still are some of the best nuts to snack on. All nuts are good for the heart, as they contain omega-3. However, walnuts contain significant amounts of alpha linoleic acid (ALA), which studies have shown to help with cases of arrhythmia. A research conducted in 2006 also showed that walnuts may be at par with olive oil, in ridding arteries of fatty blockage.
2. Peanuts: Despite strictly being legumes, peanuts are still considered some of the most nutritious nuts to snack on. Peanuts have been shown to have positive effects on your brain, due to its folate content. Folate is especially important for people of old age, who may experience mental decline, and pregnant women, since folate helps speed up brain growth. Additionally, peanuts contain niacin, a B-vitamin that maintains skin and digestive health.
3. Almonds: Amongst its cousins, almonds have the highest calcium content, and relatively low amounts of calories, making it one of the best nuts to snack on. A study conducted in 2003 found that subjects adhering to a diet regimen with low calories and the fatty acids in almonds lost more weight, than those that had low-calorie and high-carbohydrate intake. Aside from this, almonds are abundant in antioxidants, such as fiber and vitamin E. Research shows that almonds may have anti-inflammatory properties, can prevent lung cancer, and stave off mental conditions such as Alzheimer’s.
4. Brazil nuts: It’s not often that you find a nutritious snack, that can boost your immune system. Another amazing nut that you can snack on, Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, a nutrient that helps fight off conditions such as cancer. Eating a small amount of Brazil nuts is enough to strengthen your immune system.
5. Pecan nuts: While they may have a relatively high calorie content, pecans also contain significant levels of vitamins and minerals like iron, vitamin E, thiamin, and zinc. Men may also consider pecans as some of the best nuts to snack on, as they help prevent prostate enlargement.
Improve Your Health With The Most Nutritious Nuts To Snack On!
Who said that everything tasty is unhealthy? Whether you like to eat them alone, or include them in your recipes, nuts are a good source of essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. The nutritive value and flavor of walnuts, peanuts, almonds, Brazils, and pecans make them some of the best nuts to snack on. There are a variety of ways to include these nuts in your diets. You can churn them into butter, use them to make cakes, or even put them in salads. Go nutty and enjoy the health benefits of nut snacks today!